Daniel Simonsen is a Norwegian comic and the 2012 Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award winner for Best Newcomer.
Norwegian comic and the 2012 Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner, Daniel Simonsen, has conquered the comedy scene in both Norway and the UK. His show “Champions” received rave reviews and after completing his 2015 UK tour he decided to come to America to stretch his comedic legs. Daniel is rapidly making a name for himself on the comedy circuit and is becoming THE newcomer to watch. He is a crowd pleaser everywhere he goes and will be the event your audiences will be talking about long after it is over.
- 2012 Foster’s Edinburgh Comed Award Winner “Best Newcomer”
- Nominated across Norway and the UK such as Chortle Best Newcomer, “Best Comedian” by Comedy Fight Club and “So You Think You’re Funny” Competition
- Appeared on Russell Howard’s “Good News” with over 2 million views
- Has recurring role in Vic and Bob’s BBC sitcom House of Fools as Erik.
- “Look out for this brilliantly offbeat upcoming Norwegian stand-up.” -The Guardian
- “He’s exceptionally funny” -The Village Voice
- “A talent to keep an eye on” -Time Out
- “His mix of odd anecdotes and clowning makes his one of the most compelling voices of the moment.” -The Independent
- “Funny bones” -BBC
- “Quite simply, a joy. He’ll go far” -Channel 4